BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and valuation analysis of the micro-market relevant to Overlook to obtain the 2nd highest sale price for a city home in Overlook history.
Think your choice of real estate professional does not matter???
- With our knowledge and experience, BCP got our client $150K more than a city home that sold one month before.
- BCP also got our client a $65K higher net result than an end unit city home that listed at the same time.
With just three city home sales in eight months, BCP has raised the top end value of Overlook city homes by $250,000.
You read correctly...$250K.
Please enjoy this 4 bedroom, 3 full and 1 half bathroom, 4065 finished sq.ft. city home in the sought-after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia.
This house presents a once-in-a-decade opportunity to enjoy the following rare combination of livability features in your new home:
- Imagine a house with high-end upgrades inside and out backing to a mature forest that is a Fairfax County Park.
- Imagine enjoying this green view through a wall of windows while entertaining in a top-shelf renovated kitchen or relaxing in an open Living Room with a coffered ceiling.
- Imagine starting each day from an Owner's Suite with the same green view, then deciding whether to relax in front of a fireplace or enjoy a fully renovated bathroom with spa-level design features.
- Imagine further this house is located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, yet within a visually pleasing community with open space and green views.
- Imagine yet again that this house is located within five minutes of the forthcoming World-class new Inova Alexandria hospital and the dining, shopping, and entertainment options located in the Landmark Mall development project and other forthcoming projects. Yours to enjoy, but you still live in a community with a neighborhood look and feel. .
Imagine no further.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room and every view within. A focus on the details, both big and small, is apparent throughout. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will compliment any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- A curved flagstone walk takes you through the front door to a 2-story foyer with a 9-light candelabra as the focal point. The entry offers the first views of the open Main Level with floors having an espresso finish that looks like it is poured onto the wood.
- The entry leads to the Living Room, where visual drama is provided by the coffered ceiling. The visual impact provided by the ceiling and floors is accented by the natural light flooding this space from the wall of windows across the entire space. The attention to design details throughout this space extends to the iron register and return covers.
- The kitchen has been fully remodeled, with high-end materials and attention to details throughout. The kitchen design allows for both the cook to show-off for guests in surround seating and for casual eating and daily routine tasks. Granite counters, polished marble tile backsplash, solid wood cabinets with pull-out drawers and other productivity features (e.g., a knife storage pull-out cabinet), GE Profile & Samsung stainless appliances (including 3-way steam wall oven), and programmable under cabinet and cove lighting.
- From the kitchen, you can walk out to the deck through an oversized custom sliding door for morning coffee or al fresco dining. From the deck, you can enjoy sunset and green Park views, with an awning to provide shade as desired. The large flagstone mortared patio below can be accessed via stairs from the deck.
- The open space and circular flow of the Main Level, with access to the deck and the patio below, provide great entertaining options, with enough space to make a large gathering feel intimate.
- The Dining Room has access to the kitchen via a separate door, with visual appeal provided by a bronze candelabra, crown molding with dentil detail, and wainscot trim.
- The Main Level also has an upgraded half bath.
- While the open Main Level and kitchen can be shown off to family and friends, the Owner's Suite is an equally impressive space that the new homeowner can claim as their own private retreat.
- The bedroom is accessed through double doors, with a view of the 2-story foyer and antique bronze balusters on the overlook railing. The bedroom is sized to make a King bed look small. A separate seating area has a gas fireplace, flanking built-in bookcases, and a brushed gold mini-candelabra, which creates a comforting space for a nap or a lazy day read. Plantation shutters and an awning allow the owner to control the light levels in this space.
- The fully renovated bathroom is simply stunning, with a custom vanity and natural Quartzite top, an oversized shower enclosure with marble tile, spa-level shower options, and frameless glass door. The oversized jetted soaking tub has a Quartzite deck. Polished chrome fixtures, a damp-rated light fixture over the tub, and French Provincial fabric on the window valances add luxurious touches to this space.
- The walk-in closet in the Owner's Suite is large enough to feel like its own room.
- The Bedroom Level has the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms, each sized for a Queen bed, and the 2nd full bathroom. The 3rd bedroom is currently used as a home office.
- The Lower Level is another large open space with separate areas for entertaining. A 12-light bronze candelabra in this space matches the elegance found throughout the house. This level has a walk-out to the large flagstone patio with extensive hardscape and plantings chosen for both privacy and ease of care. The windows on this level have Plantation shutters.
- The Lower Level has a bump-out area that can also be used as an office, with a long run of upper and lower cabinets and black granite top. This level also has a granite-topped wet bar with upper cabinets.
- The 4th bedroom is located on this level, with space to accommodate a Queen bed. The full bath on this level is accessible either directly from the bedroom or the Lower Level open space.
- The unfinished mechanical room on the Lower Level provides a large area for storage (286 sq.ft), with double doors for ease of access.
- The laundry is located just inside the garage on the Main Level, with a Whirlpool washer and dryer (installed in 2019), utility sink, and a closet and overhead cabinets for storage. Additional storage is present in the entry and kitchen closets with custom storage systems.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, to include programable LED recessed lights and Luton Caseta wireless smart control switches.
- HVAC systems were replaced in 2019 (Bryant) & 2010 (Trane).
- Hot water heater replaced in 2018.
- The front and rear yard have a multi-zone in-ground irrigation system.
- The 2-car garage has overhead LED task lighting.
- The driveway is sized to allow for two additional parking spaces for guests. Visitor parking is located just up Winter View Drive, as well as additional spots just down the street.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon Metro that you can catch with less than a 5-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, tennis court, and access to Fios high speed internet.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City 12-22-2020 press announcement and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (link is to YouTube video of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for the latter livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).